Showing Collections: 511 - 522 of 522
William L. Mertz transportation collection
The collection contains transportation related materials collected over a 45-year period. Types of materials include scholarly journal articles dealing with transportation topics, summaries of congressional acts relating to transportation, official reports and studies of transportation agencies, summaries of speeches given by transportation officials, and personal correspondence among transportation officials.
William Lloyd Scott papers
Contains records of Scott's career as a U.S. Congressman and Senator of Virginia from 1967-1979, including reports, bills, hearings, campaign materials, appointment books, voting records, correspondence, publications, photographs, video tapes, and congressional research materials.
William Nicoson papers
The William Nicoson papers contain material on Reston redevelopment, mostly promotional. The collection includes maps, charts, publications, slides, and newsclippings. The collection also includes information on federal housing agencies and documentation on new towns in the United States, France, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Winslow Roper Hatch papers
The Winslow Roper Hatch collection contains essays, letters, and publications on primary, secondary, and post-secondary education, several of which were written by Hatch. The collection also includes papers on parks and old roads.
Women's Association records
This collection contains board minutes, correspondence, publicity, budget reports, directories, newsletters, etc from the Women Association.
Women's rights and liberation ephemera
Four documents (two pamphlets and two handouts) focused on women's rights and liberation in the United States, created from 1921 - 1968.
Women's Studies Research and Resource Center records
One box that contain research papers, pamphlets, and invitations from the Women's Studies Research and Resource Center.
Woodbine Home Demonstration Club records
Minutes, photographs, scrapbooks, and realia from the Woodbine Home Demonstration Club, a homemakers' organization.
Works Progress Administration oral histories collection
Collection includes transcripts and recordings of oral interviews with persons who were associated with various Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects in the 1930s. These include the Federal Art Project, Federal Music Project, and Federal Writers Project.
World War II Hawaii photograph album
Content warning: Sexist and offensive language. Photograph album made by a U.S. serviceman, most likely in the U.S. Army Air Force, that mostly shows locations in Oahu, Hawaii. The photographs date from 1942-1945, with the majority being taken between 1942 - 1943. The photos depict training at airfields on Oahu, including Wheeler Field and Bellows Field, as well as scenes of civilian life in Honolulu and Hilo, Hawaii, and San Francisco and San Diego, California.
"Your Rights as Workers" American Federation of Labor pamphlet
Pamphlet produced by the American Federation of Labor promoting unionization of workers, created 1940.
Ziegfeld Theatre performance programs
- Reston (Va.) 32
- Photographic prints. 30
- Theater -- United States 30
- Housing 29
- Music 25
- Planned communities -- Virginia -- Reston. 23
- Sound recordings. 21
- Slides. 20
- Performing arts 18
- Photography 18
- Photography -- Negatives 18
- Transportation -- United States -- Planning 18
- Fairfax County (Va.) 17
- New Deal, 1933-1939 17
- Photographs. 17
- Ballet 16
- Video recordings. 15
- Correspondence. 13
- Dance 13
- Virginia, Northern -- History. 13 + ∧ less
- English 482
- Undetermined 21
- French 16
- German 10
- Latin 8
- Italian 2
- Japanese 2
- Multiple languages 2
- Russian 2
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 2
- Chinese 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Hungarian 1
- Korean 1
- Polish 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 + ∧ less
- George Mason University 31
- Federal Theatre Project (U.S.) 19
- George Mason University. Libraries. Special Collections Research Center 16
- Reston Association 7
- Simon, Robert E., Jr. (Robert Edward), 1914-2015 7
- Arena Stage (Organization : Washington, D.C.) 6
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 6
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 6
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 6
- United States. Congress. House 6
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials 5
- George Mason University. Libraries. Special Collections & Archives 5
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 5
- United States. Federal Highway Administration 5
- Catholic Church 4
- Hill, Thomas 4
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 4
- Krug, Robert C. 4
- Reston Land Corporation 4
- Robbins, Jerome 4 + ∧ less